Monday, August 31, 2009

Formal to Informal Greetings and Introduction

Formal to Informal Greetings and Introductions

First meetings
Introducing yourself
Introducing others
Responding to an introduction
On Leaving
Top of page
  • How do you do? My name is Mrs Hand.
  • Mrs Hand, may I introduce my boss, Mr Smith.
  • Pleasedto meet you Mrs Hand.
  • Goodbye. It's a pleasure to have met you.

  • Hello, Lynne Hand. I'm the owner of this web site.
  • Lynne, I'd like you to meet John Smith, our salesman. John, this is Lynne Hand.
  • Pleased to meet you Lynne.
  • Goodbye. Nice to have met you.

  • Lynne Hand.
  • Lynne, meet John, my husband. John, this is my teacher Lynne.
  • Hi, Lynne. How are you?
  • Bye. It was nice to meet you.

Subsequent meetings
Possible Greetings
Possible responses
Top of page
  • Hello, Mrs Hand. It's niceto see you again.
  • What a pleasant surprise! How are you? It's been a while.

  • Good morning Mrs Hand. How are you today?
  • I'm very well thank you. And you?

  • Good afternoon, Mrs Hand. It's good to see you.
  • Thank you. It's nice to see you too. How are you?

  • Hello Lynne. How are you doing?
  • Fine thanks. What's new with you?

  • Hi, Lynne! How's it going?
  • Not too bad, busy as ever.
  • Hi, Lynne. How are things?
  • Oh fine. You know how it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment