Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Conjunction Quiz

Conjunctions I

1. Do you think this is something ___ can be learned?
a. who
b. that
c. X (the conjunction can be omitted)

2. Don't go out ___ you've finished your work.
a. as
b. while
c. until

3. Make sure you close all the windows ___ it starts to rain.
a. after
b. before
c. for

4.I think I know ___ he left the job.
a. why
b. until
c. where

5. ___ I had known how much I would disappoint him, I woudn't have done it.
a. Whether
b. When
c. If

6. ___ you see me, get in the car.
a. As soon as
b. While
c. Whether

7. My friend John, ___ lives in California, has a car with a New York license.
a. whose
b. who
c. that

8. It's usually quite simple to cross the border between the USA and Canada ___ these two countries have friendly relations.
a. yet
b. and
c. because

9. ___ a university professor returns from a sabbatical leave, he should be better qualified.
a. Until
b. When
c. Even though

10. She's ___ a snobbish person ___ nobody likes to be with her.
a. such...that
b. such...as

c. so...that

Check your answers in the comment box.

1 comment: