Sunday, September 13, 2009

Expressing Ability Quiz

Make a choice by clicking on a button then compare your answer with the correct one hidden under the answer button.
  1. Although it contains many difficult words, I ___ read this book now.
    can
    could
    may

  2. But I ___ have read it last year.
    mayn't
    couldn't
    can't

  3. Because there were many long words which I ___ understand.
    couldn't
    can't
    aren't able to

  4. When you receive the new books ___ try to read one of them?
    can I
    could I
    may

  5. I ___ understand why you won't let me.
    couldn't
    can't
    mayn't

  6. Can you find your way to the hotel? Yes I ___.
    could
    am able
    can

  7. Can you pronounce my name properly? I ___ if you would speak more slowly.
    could
    may
    can

  8. Are you strong enough to lift that box.? Yes, I ___.
    could
    am
    can

  9. Will you speak more clearly please? I ___ hardly hear you at all.
    could
    can
    can't

  10. I ___ only listen to my radio when my mother was not at home.
    did
    can
    could

  11. Can you fix my car today? Yes, I ___.
    may
    could
    can

  12. I ___ do that because I will get a sunburn.
    can't
    couldn't
    can

  13. Is it low enough ___ you to be able to step over it?
    to
    for
    of

  14. I ___ reach that apple, I'll have to use a ladder.
    don't
    can't
    couldn't

  15. ___ you just jump?
    Can't
    Don't
    If

  16. I ___ have known when she was coming home because I didn't have a watch.
    can't
    couldn't
    won't

No comments:

Post a Comment