Wednesday, September 9, 2009

SLANG

Slang is the use of highly informal words and expressions that are not considered standard in the speaker's dialect or language. It is often used as a way to say words that are not appropriate, and it is also used to identify with others that are similar to you.

SLANG
MEANING
wanna
want to, want a
oughtaought to
lottalot of
gonnagoing
gotchaI got you
gimmegive me
dunnodon't know

Use one of these words to fill in these sentences:

1) I'm ..................................... get you!

2) Then he grabbed hold of me and said " .....................................!"

3) Thief: "Just shut up and ..................................... the money!"

4) Sorry, I can't stay. I ..................................... go now.

5)  What's his name? I ..................................... 

6) Go away! I don't ..................................... talk to you!

7) I think you ..................................... talk to him before it's too late.

8) This is going cost you a whole ..................................... money.


 *cHECK ANSWER IN COMMENT BOX

1 comment:

  1. ANSWERS
    1) I'm gonna get you!
    2) Then he grabbed hold of me and said "Gotcha!"
    3) Le voleur: "Just shut up and gimme the money!"
    4) Sorry, I can't stay. I gotta go now.
    5) - What's his name?
    - I dunno.
    6) Go away! I don't wanna talk to you!
    7) I think you oughta talk to him before it's too late.
    8) This is going cost you a whole lotta money.

    ReplyDelete