Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Regular Verb

Basic Tenses: Regular Verb

Regular verbs list

This page shows the basic tenses with the regular verb work. It includes the affirmative or positive form (+), the negative form (-) and the interrogative or question form (?).

The basic structure is:

positive:+subject + auxiliary verb + main verb
negative:-subject + auxiliary verb + not + main verb
question:?auxiliary verb + subject + main verb

These are the forms of the main verb that we use to construct the tenses:

base verbpastpast participlepresent participle -ing
workworkedworkedworking
pastpresentfuture
SIMPLE
do + base verb
(except future:
will + base verb)
+I did work
I worked
I do work
I work
I will work
-I did not workI do not workI will not work
?Did I work?Do I work?Will I work?
SIMPLE PERFECT
have + past participle
+I had workedI have workedI will have worked
-I had not workedI have not workedI will not haveworked
?Had I worked?Have I worked?Will I have worked?
CONTINUOUS
be + ing
+I was workingI am workingI will be working
-I was notworkingI am not workingI will not be working
?Was I working?Am I working?Will I be working?
CONTINUOUS PERFECT
have been + ing
+I had beenworkingI have beenworkingI will have beenworking
-I had not beenworkingI have not beenworkingI will not have beenworking
?Had I beenworking?Have I beenworking?Will I have beenworking?

No comments:

Post a Comment